Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Elf on a Shelf


Christmas will be here before I know it. My boys are getting older, and I want to make some fun memories for them. Last year, we were able to bring home one of Santa's little elves. Sadly, I don't remember what Max named him. I was a little unprepared for all the FUN and mischievousness that comes with this little elf. This year Max is older and hopefully will understand the concept of our elf, I want the boys wake up and find what the little elf has done while they were sleeping. I've been trying to think of fun ideas, and I've been looking on Pinterest.

1.) One site had an idea where the elf is bossy. I found this on Pinterest and thought it might work with the bossy-ness theme. I can use some of the ideas in this picture and make up some new ones for a few days. Plus, most of these ideas are FREE!
 advent activities

2.) 15 Creative Ideas from Complicated Mama has some fun ideas. I know I will use a couple of these.

3.) I love what this Mama did for her kiddos. I will definitely use her ideas of hot chocolate and doughnuts! M and C love the white powdered doughnuts. I like how she used Christmas mugs and plates. I'll be on the lookout for some cute ones at Hobby Lobby.

4.) I found a cute wintery breakfast idea on Pinterest. It was a snowman pancake, chocolate chip eyes and buttons, bacon for the scarf, and marshmellows on the bottom for snow. I think this idea would work with the hot chocolate.

5.) I like this idea too.
so cute

6.) The Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum (I think that's the name of it??!) has a Polar Express train ride. My boys would LOVE it. The boys will get the Polar Express book one day, and the tickets for the train ride another day. At least, that's what I'm hoping for. ;)

7.) Pajamas!! Handmade Christmas pajamas made from the elf's helper of course. This will also work with the train ride. You can ride the train in your PJs.

8.) An ornament for each child.

9.) A book(?) about Jesus, so that the boys will know the reason behind the season!

10.) Michaels, Joann, and Hobby Lobby have cute seasonal craft sets for a couple dollars. I think some of these would work too.

11.) I love marshmellow pops, and I had so much fun making them for some of Max's school parties. I saw an idea on Pinterest about Rudolph marshmellow pops. Marshmellows dipped in chocolate, a red M&M nose, and pretzels for antlers.

12.) Christmas light festival at the zoo.

13.) Christmas music cd. I think it would be fun for us to wake up one morning to BLARING Christmas music.

I think these will be some fun ideas, and I can use some of them over. #s 2 and 3 have some cute ideas that I may break up and add to different days. I'll definitely have to let the elf get their underwear - they would love that.

Christmas and Halloween are Max's favorite holidays, and he is still celebrating his birthday, which was in April. Carson doesn't really understand them yet, but he'll get it once he starts getting lots of candy. I hope this will be a fun and memorable year for them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com